Saturday, January 15, 2011

Love Notes from God

Of course we have God's Word which is all we need to know how great is His love for us. Still it's nice to have that loving relationship reaffirmed in unexpected ways. We all like to hear that special someone in our lives say "I love you!"

I have a friend that says whenever she sees a blue bird she believes it's God's way of saying He loves her. Something as simple as a bird or even a rainbow may be your special clue from God that He has His eye on you.

Where I live one would not want to pick a squirrel as their special sign since they are as common as trees in a forest. On the other end of the spectrum someone living in Alaska might not want to choose a camel either. (although all things are possible...)

My special 'I love you' from God is a little different than my friends. Whenever I hear or see the passage Proverbs 3:5&6 being quoted I know God is saying He loves me. I come across it often and I don't have to be in church, in the Bible or listening to Christian radio to hear it. God brings it to me in the most unexpected places.

I found it once while reading a secular book. They had made an error and printed it twice. I've heard it being quoted on TV. I've received gifts from people that have no idea this is my favorite verse and yet the gift has Proverbs 3:5&6 printed on it.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart. Lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowldege Him and He will direct thy paths."

This is a quiet Saturday at home and I have no doubt that I will come across that passage sometime today because I have not doubt that my God loves me.

God showed me that He loves me when He sent His son to take my place on the cross. He tells me He loves me in special ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment