Monday, January 3, 2011

As a child I loved to read. I still remember how I felt after reading my first ‘real book’ - Little Women. The door to my imagination opened and I discovered my favorite place to be – in a book.

An avid reader I also had vivid dreams. I would often wake up from a dream and think “That would make a great book.” I soon learned that getting the book from my head to paper was work, so I just kept on reading.

After graduating from Bible College I found that the stories in my dreams wanted to be shared. I started writing children stories for my niece. Thinking this was the route I should take, I enrolled in The Children’s Institute of Literature. After passing the course with flying colors I wrote a book, submitted it to a publishing house and was rejected.

At that time I was in my early 30’s and newly married. I quietly put my pen and paper away and tried to ignore the dreams. There were always new books to be read. Life became very complicated and after the death of both my parents and two siblings, I found my darkest hour.

The dreams and my deep passion for writing returned. I found a fan fiction site full of encouraging people that let me write. They read my stories and liked them. So I wrote and wrote and wrote. I believe God healed my heart through writing.

Now I'm working on a book that I hope will bring Him honor and glory. It's an interesting path I've chosen to take. Not easy by any means but I find it bringing me closer to Him and that is where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment